Your business is like your child. You’re very proud of it. You’ve watched it grow and adapt to thrive in new situations, and you want to provide all the advantages needed for its continued growth in your community. Your treasury management process powers that sustained growth. It’s the beating heart of your operations and regulates complex cash flow — or the lifeblood of your organization.
Every business is unique and formed by many organic influencing factors. Shouldn’t a business’s treasury management be approached organically, too? The best treasury management officers will listen to your business’s story and find its nuances. Instead of offering a one-size-fits-all approach, they’ll learn the ins and outs of your operations before recommending a plan of action.
Finding an Ideal Approach
Selecting treasury management solutions is an important decision, and certain organizations need to focus on some service areas more than others. Maybe you need to better handle risks and controls in treasury operations or implement tools such as remote deposit capture, lockbox, or automated clearing house services to assist with cash flow. At American Bank of Missouri, we tailor our services to ensure they’re a fit for each client.
In our first conversations with you, we want to understand pain points with your existing payables and receivables processes with your current bank, what you’d like to spend less time doing, and what you think is working currently. We won’t suggest anything until we understand your specific situation. That understanding gives us the flexibility to develop a treasury management system appropriate for your budget and goals.
5 Goals of Treasury Management Systems
All business management processes should achieve some common overarching goals while fulfilling specific functions, and treasury management is no exception. Does your small business’s treasury management process satisfy those basic objectives? Ask these five questions to gauge whether your treasury management is up to par:
1. Does it save time and money? Your focus is likely on running your business in the most efficient way possible. Your bank should make that easier, not more difficult.
2. Does it add convenience and security? Your bank should be equipped to provide the most cutting-edge technology and security, such as fully secured online banking. Besides this, it should allow you the personal access you need to resolve questions and problems with ease.
3. Does it increase efficiencies and productivity? The last thing you need is for employees to take time out of their busy days to figure out how to deposit checks, update their banking information, or field paperwork sent to your administration team. An effective treasury management system ensures these processes are seamless.
4. Does it maximize cash flow and liquidity? For your business to grow, you need to know exactly where your cash flow stands in real time. Finding a bank that can process your payables and receivables quickly frees up time for you to identify the best areas for investment in your business.
5. Does it minimize risk? Your banking should be reliable, stable, and accountable to what you and your business strive for. Because every action you take will tie back to your mission, having a personal relationship with a well-equipped bank goes a long way.
If you answered “no” to any of these treasury management business objectives, our full lineup of services could bring your processes up to speed. If you’re not sure about how effectively your current process meets overall objectives, we’re ready to listen to the details of your situation and help you find answers. Reach out to the American Bank of Missouri branch nearest you to get started or call our treasury management department at 636-745-3174.
We’ll work to provide you ease of mind.